Cleaning your computer has several benefits:
- Your computer will LOOK cleaner so you’ll be happier
- Keyboards get gunked up, always. There are several types of keyboards; the old-fashioned keyboards with spring-loaded keys, and the modern soft-touch keyboards like Apple’s. As with all things computer, don’t spray fluids directly on your item. Any soft cloth with a bit of white vinegar will do the trick. The same with using Q-tips to get into the crevices. Compressed air is also very helpful.
- Screens can be cleaned with ammonia and any clean cloth you want to experiment. Paper towels will NOT scratch your screen.
- If you have a DVD drive, vacuum it out. That’s the only safe process short of taking things apart.
- If you’re computer has any sort of fan, keep that vacuumed out. It is IMPORTANT to keep these areas clean as dirty cooling vents make for a hot computer.
If you have tips, please leave them in the comments below.